The Big 6 - Identifying and developing leadership potential
We are expected to develop successful succession planning strategies to identify and develop people to fill leadership positions in the future.
To meet this responsibility, we will:
- develop future headteachers to help meet the most pressing national needs in primary, small rural, special, challenging urban/coastal and faith schools
- take action to help to more women and leaders from black and minority ethnic backgrounds to become senior leaders
- put processes in place to identify potential leaders in areas of need
- develop potential leaders within and across your schools
- build strategic governance and partnerships in order to make decisions about developing and placing potential leaders